Friday, October 23, 2009

Mathew Harding's Blue and White Soldier

Well ever since the Meister and Potato met me, they have been bugging me to write something for their blog. I admit I am not as funny as the Meister or Potato. Plus, I don't know any of the people they keep talking about. So I was always in a quandary as to what to write for them. I asked them and both of them said that since hardly anyone reads their blog and almost noone apart from that Wasted girl comments anyway, it really doesn't matter what I write about.

Hardly encouraging is it? I don't know why they keep on writing though, because nothing's worse for an author than people iognoring his or her work totally. Even bad criticism is better than no response. But still its their blog and I am just a guest.

So I kept on thinking about what to write and then decided that I should write about what brought me in contact with Meister and the Potato in the first place - our love for football in general and Chelsea in particular.

I have been a Chelsea fan since the mid 90s. I have seen Ken foocking bates almost destroy our club, I have seen the Roman era, I have seen the Tinkerman losing us a match, I have seen Uefa not allowing us to win match after match after match. I have seen Gullit and Villi's artsy teams (Chelsea 5 Machester United 0 http://www.mychelseafc.com/reports/1999-2000/chelsea_50_manchester_united.htm...still brings tears to my eyes) seen Mourinho's juggernaut, seen the invisible Grant; seen Scolari fuck it all up and the Great Guus resurrecting us.

People keep harping about Roman leaving but hell if he leaves we will be better than when he came in, so that's progress and am not worried.

Which brings me to Ancelotti and the current season.

I am still a bit wary about the diamond formation 4-1-2-1-2. It didn't work during Scolari and its not that effective now. Against Villa, it didn't work at all. Didn't help that Villa played a blinder. It seems that it won't work against any team with good wingers. That's not a good thing at all. The whole problem is that with the diamond formation, there is too much responsibility and pressure on the full backs, they have to attack and defend. Bosingwa can't do both. In fact, he can't really defend that well.

So, as long as we have some backup plans, maybe a traditional 4 -4 -2 or a 4-3-3 or even a 4-5-1 or a 4-2-3-1, I am happy. Under Scolari we had none.

True we lost to Wigan but hey Titus Bramble happens. When Titus Bramble scores against you, it just is not your day, simple.

We are just 1 point off the top in the Prem and are the only with 100% records in wins and clean sheets in the Champs League, so signs are good. We thrashed Atletico 4-0, though they are crap at the moment, and Kalou scored twice in a game. That got me scared to be honest. If Kalou scores twice in 1 game, does that mean that the world is coming to an end?

Well, at least we Blues have a balanced view of the footballing world, unlike the Liverfools - who think that sun rises and sets from St. Steven's arse, or the Manures - who think that Lord God Fergie's purple nose is the sun and hence he world revolves round it and thus its normal that they get Fergie Standard Time.

1 comment:

Benny Sumer Yanthan said...

I love the last line :)
extremely witty!