Sunday, October 25, 2009

Planning for the Future - Exercise in Futility

What's d point of planning for the future? No seriously, what is the point? No one has seen the future, no one knows whats going to happen. So why thik and be worried about the future? Live for the present. Afterall, you can have life defining and life changing moments and not even though that it is the beginning of the rest of your life.
Same thing happened to me.
It was 1st semester in the looney den. I was standing for elections. I was campaigning. Sir Gaysalot was with me. In front of the mess he intrduced me to this girl and asked her to vote for me. Normal, mundane, everyday stuff right? Bloody wrong, who in foock's anme would have guessed that moment to be the changing of my life, the beginning of the rest of my life...hell even I didn't know.
She was just another girl. I had seen her before, during classes she used to sit in the front bemch of either the left or the central rows. She sued to hang out with the foreign kids. So naturally, I thought o000o another hoity toity. Well, 1st appearances are almost always deceptive aren't they?
Those of you who know her know that she is not hoity toity at all - nowhere near as hoity toity as the Xaverians or those poster people for hypocrisy - the cultural studies gang.

Well, my point is there is no way of knowing what the future holds or whom ou are going to meet or how big a part of your life the person you are going to meet is going to be. I never realised that when I first met her. Nor did I realise it for the 1st couple of months either, we used to hang around, chat etc. Nothing was amiss and then bam we had our 1st fight. I made fun of her when he had gone out for lunch as she was studying in the restaurant.

4-5 months we did not talk. 1 of those during the winter break. That was the 1st inkling I had that this girl might be Special, after all apart from football, I have never missed someone so much in my life. So, once I went back I tried talking to her and lo and behold she accepted. And that has been going on for the last 5 years now - I get pissed off or sad r something and stop talking for weeks or months and then when I start missing her way way too much, I again call her. She accepts every time (truth be told I am a bit surprised at that...I mean why? why would someone keep doing that?).

Anyway, back to the point again. The point is you never know what's going to happen and the best laid plans of mice and men etc etc. I never planned to fall in love, was alwaya bit of a misogynist and was always determined to be a bachelor. Still am a bachelor and will always be a bachelor but despite having no intentions to do so, fell in love.....thereby making my life unnecessarily more complicated.

So I have decided that from now on

1) its go with the flow time
2) everything looks better fter a few drinks (possible exception Ayush Prasad)
3) you can never have too much football

Ergo, get drunk while watching football, you really don't needto plan for anything else in life.

5 comments:

Benny Sumer Yanthan said...

Something about this post evokes such nostalgia.

Benny Sumer Yanthan said...

Something about this post evokes such nostalgia.

AB said...

Bulls eye...

Weaver said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Runa said...

were all the typos part of the style or they really were typos...cause they were far too many knowing you.