Thursday, December 10, 2009

To the Ladies in my Life

Sorry for taking up your time. Won't take more in the future, this is just a short message.

It seems to me that at some point or the other in 2009 I have pissed off, angered, disappointed, disgusted, disgruntled, scandalised etc almost every woman that I know and regularly interact with. Quite a record eh? Quite a lot of these things happened due to my blog or because of comments that I have made on facebook or while chatting.

Now I know I am not politically correct, but whatever I say or write, I do that in jest. I thought that anyone who even remotely knows me knows that. Clearly I was wrong.

I have tried to never ever deliberately hurt anyone (well though my mother and Mithila would probably disagree....and believe me when I say that I am sorry for all that I have done; they may have forgiven me or forgotten about them but I haven't and never will).

Anyway the point here is that if I have inadvertently offended or hurt anyone, then I apologise. However, I am not going to change my style or my humour for anyone. So there are 2 courses of action from this point onwards that I have decided on.

As of today morning, I have stopped commenting on your posts or statuses on facebook. As far as the blog thing goes, I am deleting you from the mailing list since I do not want you to feel that I am forcing you to read my trash. I will keep on writing the same kind of stuff though. If you want come to the blog and read, if you don't want to read then everything's still hunky dory.

This year has brought me the news of what is wrong with me and I have realised that my life is "literally" too short to go around saying sorry you know. Not only am I tired of saying sorry all the time, I am also just tired of life. The only reason I haven't committed suicide so far (and believe me the temptations have been strong and frequent) is because that would kill my parents and so I am waiting for them to die before I do.

In the meantime, I will live each day as it comes, I will try to enjoy football and food and books etc. And I will write because it makes me smile.

I wish you all a happy life and all the best with all your endeavours.

Bishwaksen Bandyopadhyay

No comments: